Coppermine Photo GalleryCoppermine is a full-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP with a MySQL backend. Coppermine is free software which you can download and install on your webspace. It is packed with features. Visions hosting offers this script within it's hosting plans and it can be easily installed with the application installer within the hosting account control panel. This script has endless uses for anyone that needs a photo gallery.
Some of the cool features found in Coppermine are listed here:
- arrangement of pictures in categories and albums for great organization
- picture information stored in database
- full multimedia support
- creation of thumbnails and intermediate size pics
- search feature with advance search options
- random picture setting
- user management (private galleries, groups)
- caption, title, description and user defined fields for each picture (searchable)
- e-card feature
- slideshow viewer
- template system
- user membership in multiple groups
- upload approval notice for admin
- EXIF/IPTC support
- multi-pic upload
- password-protected albums
Here is some other helpful Coppermine Information.
- Coppermine allows upload of JPEG (.jpg) and GIF (.gif) images. It is recommended that image size should be no more than 600 x 600 pixels at 72dpi.
- When naming your image files, lower case letters, numbers and underscores are recommended for the file name. Characters such as commas, apostrophes and hyphens are not recommended and NEVER use spaces in your file names.
- A great new HTML5 uploader plugin has been created. With drag and drop capability and concurrent uploads this is an awesome addition to Coppermine 1.5.x. Right now it supports mostbrowsers with the exception being IE versions 9 and older but if you have IE10, Firefox, Safari, Chrome or one of many others this is a superb way to upload all your files.
-View some user contributed Coppermine templates here.
Did You Know -
Powered By Visions Business Services, LLC
Tags: app installer, cpooermine, photo gallery, script